Sunday, August 23, 2015

Little Boys' Room Makeover

Here is my littler boys' room make-over. It is shared by a 12 year old and an 8 year old, and the previous bunk beds made for a crowded footprint, with no room for a desk. I started out asking what they wanted for a color scheme. There was already a dark purple wall, and, believe it or not, that's what Monkey #1 wanted to work around. "And add orange". Yikes. OK.... 
I sanded the drawers of the existing white, vintage dresser (roughly) and stained them chestnut. I spray painted the insets and legs the signature orange the older monkey requested. I corralled the plushies into a "zoo" on top.
 My husband built loft beds, stained chestnut. He engineered them to be attached to the studs, so they have absolutely no wiggle and can withstand the weight of future teenagers.
 I spray painted a huge box on casters for all of the lego insanity.
 I repainted an aqua bookcase from my older boys room white (white was the only way I could figure out how to bring the purple and orange together in palatable way).
 I repainted  a black desk and a wooden chair from my older boys room white. I spray painted the handle orange.



 I googled "Old school Nintendo oil paintings' (because that is how I roll - I want what I want) and bam! Old School Nintendo oil paintings.
I also repainted their old red bookcase white. Note: there is one corner of the room I'm not showing, because there is a flat screen TV that will be mounted on the wall, but is now sitting sloppily on a purple dresser. Monkey #3's railing is also missing in these pics, but goes up later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment