Saturday, August 20, 2016

Monotone Master Bedroom Makeover on a Budget


 First; here is the Pinterest Board of all of my inspiration.

The objective was to create a room that feels like a vintage photograph. I'm not done, as I have  the master bath to finish, and I still need to figure out the paint (I want it to look like vintage concrete/ plaster).

I dry brushed matte grey paint over a black mirror frame, highlighted the details with chrome spray paint and distressed it using chrome spray paint (and over spraying vinegar). Tutorial Here.



I dry brushed a lighter grey over a black chair, and reupholstered the seat with a thrift store blouse.



I replaced the hideous 1970's recessed lights with pendants. First painting molded plastic medallions with dark grey, then dry brushing lighter grey over that. 



We built the small shelves from a salvaged teak patio table and new brackets (I white washed them for a soft look).



We picked up a free, composite sofa table circa 1983 (it used to be a creepy 1980's fleshy shrimpy color and had a missing glass top). We fitted the top with reclaimed planks of varying types of wood (creating a multi-color look). I stained the boards with a grey stain, and did about 5 coats of varying grey paints on the base to get to this look. You can't even tell it's not carved wood any more.



I dry brushed matte grey over an antique dresser that was black, and spray the drawer fronts chrome.





I used a super long charcoal burlap curtain set to create one medium length set and one cafe length set (9 bucks at Next Tuesday - or whatever that place is called - I always want to say Ruby Tuesday or 'Til Tuesday...). The thermal blanket covering the old recliner was also from there. The owl pillow was $3 from Goodwill.






I dry brushed a $3 Goodwill frame from Goodwill and filled it with romantic, vintage photos (from Pinterest).


1 comment:

  1. Hello! I would like to open cosmetology salon. Do you have an experience in this business? There are too many options in beauty salon equipment. Could you give me an advise? What companies are more reliable to buy autoclaving media and Professional diamond tip microdermabrasion machine?

    ReplyDelete